Introduction: Noli Me Tangere
1. We’re All in the Same Boat Now
2. Why Are We Tired All the Time?
3. Towards A Perfect Storm in Europe
4. Welcome to the Viral Desert
5. The Five Stages of Epidemics
6. The Virus of Ideology
7. Calm Down and Panic!
8. Monitor and Punish? Yes, Please!
9. Is Barbarism With a Human Face Our Fate?
10. Communism or Barbarism, as Simple as That!
Appendix: Two Helpful Letters from Friends
“As an unprecedented global pandemic sweeps the planet, who better than the supercharged Slovenian philosopher, Slavoj Žižek to uncover its deeper meanings, marvel at its mind-boggling paradoxes, and speculate on the profundity of its consequences, all in a manner that will have you sweating profusely and gasping for breath?”
“We live in a moment when the greatest act of love is to stay distant from the object of your affection. When governments renowned for ruthless cuts in public spending can suddenly conjure up trillions. When toilet paper becomes a commodity as precious as diamonds. And when, according to Žižek, a new form of communism may be the only way of averting a descent into global barbarism.Written with his customary brio and love of analogies in popular culture (Quentin Tarantino and H.G. Wells sit next to Hegel and Marx in these pages), Žižek provides a concise and provocative snapshot of the…
View original post 88 more words