- Language as site (veraqivas.wordpress.com)
- nietzsche and luther (fliegenderbrief.wordpress.com)
- The Enlightenment and Why It Still Matters by Anthony Pagden – review (guardian.co.uk)
- My First Blog Post: Thoughts About Heidegger (visionsanddreams.wordpress.com)
- Continental Philosophy (zmarindotme.wordpress.com)
- Slow Reading (1.3): Deleuze’s DR, pp. 2-3 (sketchingapresent.com)
- Slow Reading (1.8): Deleuze’s DR (pp. 5-8) (sketchingapresent.com)
- the poststructural anarchist (3ammagazine.com)
- When did Foucault lecture on Nietzsche? (foucaultnews.com)
- The New French philosophy (3ammagazine.com)
If you are interested in this data set you might like my latest post where I use it to make book recommendations.
This one came about because I was searching for a data set on horror films (don’t ask) and ended up with one describing the links between philosophers.
To cut a long story very short I’ve extracted the information in the influenced by section for every philosopher on Wikipedia and used it to construct a network which I’ve then visualised using gephi
It’s an easy process to repeat. It could be done for any area within Wikipedia where the information forms a network. I chose philosophy because firstly the influences section is very well maintained and secondly I know a little bit about it. At the bottom of this post I’ve described how I got there.
First I’ll show why I think it’s worked as a visualisation. Here’s the…
View original post 1,003 more words