Genesis. Enormous psychosocial and political transformations were necessary in order to put into place the global transhistorical capitalist institutions we take for granted. Capitalism is different, genetically as it were, from all previous ways of organizing human society. It dissolves society in favor of the decoded flows of pre-individual traits and elements which will form abstract labor and commodities.
This dissolution is what previous forms of society had attempted to prevent. They had precisely developed various auto-immunities against this total subversion of traditional sense and value engendered by the radical deterritorialization attending the development of capital.Modernity is this insane and universal cosmopolitan social order which encircles everything within its technocratic grasp; degeneration, death, disaster and apocalypse are both its legacy and sense. What remains for subjectivity but the twin messiahs of nothingness — the state and the market? A timeless celestial burrowing-machine and a timely sociopolitical ungrounding-device — messenger and channel, rex and flamen.
via Fractal Ontology
- New Translation of Laruelle’s ‘Biography of the Eye’ (via Fractal Ontology) (cengizerdem.wordpress.com)
- Postmodernism , cyberpunk and views of the future : On Fractale (ambivalen.wordpress.com)
- New web site for the SPAR ontologies (opencitations.wordpress.com)
- Foucault’s politicization of ontology (2010) (foucaultnews.wordpress.com)
- Travel into 3D fractals (newscientist.com)
- Fractale Episodes 06 and 07 (thekotatsu.wordpress.com)